Erectile dysfunction is a condition in which a man cannot maintain an erection hard enough for sexual intercourse. This condition can cause a man to feel stressed, produce feelings of low self-confidence, and put stress on their relationships. Luckily enough, there are several ways to cure this condition and help you regain the erections that you want to experience. First, however, we must discuss what erectile dysfunction is.
What is erectile dysfunction and what causes it?
Erectile dysfunction is when a man cannot either get an erection or keep it hard enough for sexual intercourse. Erectile dysfunction can happen for the following reasons:
• Endocrine diseases, such as diabetes, which can affect nerves, hormones, and blood flow.
• Disorders that affect the brain or the nerves, such as Alzheimer’s or tumors occurring on the spine.
• Medications that affect blood flow or drugs that are considered stimulants, such as amphetamines, or depressants, such as hydrocodone.
• Cardiac conditions
• Anxiety, depression, and substance abuse
Most of these are serious conditions, but that doesn’t mean that you should give up hope of ever having a strong erection. Treatment is possible and in most cases, they are simple solutions.
How to treat erectile dysfunction
There are a variety of ways to treat erectile dysfunction. Each one depends on your individual situation and what has caused it. Some ways to treat erectile dysfunction are:
1. Medications, such as Viagra, which will help increase blood flow to the penis and give you an erection.
2. Counseling can help those suffering from depression or anxiety ease their symptoms which will, in turn, ease the symptoms of erectile dysfunction.
3. Penile implants, which are devices inserted into the penis and will either inflate or will allow you to maintain an erection whenever you wish to have sexual intercourse.
4. Some natural remedies, such as acupuncture or ginseng, are said to cure erectile dysfunction.
Whatever course of treatment you decide on, make sure to first discuss with your primary care physician who will tell you whether or not the treatment is right for you.
Focus on prevention
The best way to stop erectile dysfunction is to prevent it from happening in the first place. Some causes of erectile dysfunction can’t be stopped, but easy changes in your lifestyle can keep you from experiencing erectile dysfunction.
1. Quit smoking cigarettes and stop drinking alcohol.
2. Strengthen the communication in your romantic relationship
3. Begin to exercise and follow a healthy diet plan.
Taking steps for prevention can be hard, but dealing with erectile dysfunction can be even more difficult.
More than 30 million American men suffer from erectile dysfunction, but that doesn’t mean that you have to become one of the statistics. If you don’t suffer from erectile dysfunction yet, take some steps in order to prevent yourself from having to experience it in the future. If you do suffer from it, seek out treatment in order to reclaim your erections, take control of your sex life, and regain your self-confidence.